I know it has been a while since I updated my blog - and the uproar from my fan base has grown so unbearable that I have forced myself to once more take up my keyboard and post.
A couple of updates:
Lyndsey and Rob are doing fine - no lingering problems from the accident. Physically at least - Rob still needs a replacement car.
Lyndsey's car has broken down for the last time - we are now leasing a 2006 Jeep Liberty - that has 60 miles on it. One dealer wanted to 5 yr finance a car to us (with 102k miles on it) for $15 less than the cost of leasing this new vehicle. It will be our Jackson County car - we don't want to get socked with a mileage penalty.
Two items I want to consider (to start with at least):
1) I will discuss on this website a [edited by me - still pondering something] So I would like to post my thoughts here - and dialog irenically with anyone who would like to do so.
2) I have been wanting to review some doctrinal statements from various places I frequent - and come up with a culled version that I like. (Sounds self-interested - but I am doing this for myself as a means of Bible and Doctrinal study.) I will be posting this on Moosejaw Mental Mastication. Join me for some fun and foundational thinking. Passion is welcome - uncivility is not [Even though I do like how Luther whooped on Erasmus - this blog is not the venue for that form of debate - Thanks for keeping that in mind.] Comments should be open to anyone posting - if not - email me at email@example.com and I will see what I can do to make them work correctly.
Please pray for Lyndsey and Rob. They were coming home from church last Sunday night (03/05) and went through a notorious intersection in Jackson (a Yield sign exists where a Stop sign should be) - they failed to see an oncoming vehicle and pulled into the intersection - and were T-boned on Lyndsey's side of the car. Panic reliever: They both are okay - but bruised up a bit. We all thank God for their safety. They both seem emotionally okay.
I guess this is another first for us.
Specifics for Praise and Prayer:
1) Praise - after getting out of the vehicle (they were pinned between the vehicle that struck them and a metal fence post - they had to crawl out through the back door) and making sure that everyone was okay in both vehicles - they prayed together outloud and thanked God for his protection. I really appreciated the spiritually sensitivity that was displayed.
2) Prayer - Lyndsey is pretty sore. We took her to the ER Sunday night - just to have her checked out - the Dr. didn't do x-rays [not sure why he processed her so quickly - and not thoroughly IMHO - the waiting room was empty] and her arm is still sore - so is her back and neck. Our family Dr. did order x-rays [nothing broken] and wants to see her this afternoon (03/07). Rob is apparently okay - physically 8^)
3) Prayer - For the persons in the other vehicle - there engine was broken and gas leaked all over. The amount of damage done to both vehicles is an indicator that she was going faster than the 25 mph speed limit. Their vehicle is probably totalled - it was her boyfriend's father's auto. Pray that she will consider her mortality and that God would use this as a means of bringing her into His kingdom family.
4) Prayer - Rob needs financial help from somewhere that only God knows. He was ticketed as the party at fault for the accident. His car is also totaled. He is a college student with limited resources. And he has a job on the other side of town. Pray for funds for the ticket and $$ for a replacement vehicle.
Volleyball season is officially over. Sadly, so is Lyndsey's High School sports career, too.
THe girls went to district playoffs on Saturday (3/4). They started out having to play North Adams [NA was 14-1 for the season - and ended up going to District finals - losing a tough match to the unstoppable Lenawee Cougars.] The girls gave NA the first game. They made them work and sweat for the next two. They lost the match but have nothing to be ashamed about.
The only blurb we got in the Cit-Pat was a sentence in an article detailing NA loss to the Climax-Scotts:
"The Rams advanced to the title game by sweeping Jackson Christian 25-13, 25-21, 25-20."